I am doing my learning log in a Prezi for this class. It is embedded below. To go directly to my Prezi, click here
How This Assignment Aligns with AECT Standards
- This assignment aligns with AECT 1.1 because I analyzed a need and designed instruction to fit that need.
- This assignment aligns with AECT 1.3 because I chose the sequence of events within the lesson to optimized student learning.
- This assignment aligns with AECT 3.1 because after choosing a technology, I planned to use that technology resource for learning.
- This assignment aligns with AECT 3.2 because I chose a technology that is not yet adopted by my school with the intention of using this lesson to aid in the adoption of this technological resource in the future.
- This assignment aligns with AECT 3.3 because I will be using these instructional materials in a real setting.
This assignment was to create a plain webpage. My link below is followed by the code that I used.
- XHTML 502.html page
- External CSS page for 502.html
- Netiquette page
- Web accessibility hot links page
- Copyright scavenger hunt
- Interactive concept map
- Jigsaw activity
- Edtech home page: default.html
- Virtual field trip
- Participation in online discussions
I am an early elementary teacher. This year I taught a split class of first and second grade.
When I am not teaching, I enjoy riding my motorcycle, camping, and fishing.
I am a strong believer that technology is our future. I find that the majority of teachers that teach early elementary have little experience in technology. I want to bring technology to children in early elementary.
This year I set up a little technology center in my room and rotated children in and out of it during different times of the day. For the start up page, I used a few different strategies.
Last year, as my only real use of html coding, I “wrote” a default webpage using a combination of word and notepad that had some links on it to guide the children to the websites that I wanted them to go.
This year, the school had server issues and some of the computers didn’t have server access to use the most up to date version, or an version, of the page. As a result, I used :
-this is an easy to use, quick to load, web linking website *free
-leveled readers and matching comprehension quizzes *subscription
-you can create spelling word lists and link to your specific list *free
-basic reading and phonics skills *free
-online interactive books *free if linked through a library
-has mostly complete curriculum to supplement classroom activities *free
-math and logic based games, highly motivating and useful as a reward *free