My first assignment for EdTech 503 is to synthesize a job position after reviewing 3 different job positions.
My Synthesized Job Position
At The Mottled Kitten, LLC., we provide a telephonic based customer response unit for anxious felines. We are looking for an Instructional Designer for new-hire training and soft skills support. The Instructional Designer will perform a training needs analysis of our growing company and then design and develop instructional material to meet our needs. The Insrtructional Designer will support the eLearning component of our LMS. The Instructional Designer will be responsible for back-end support of the LMS and adapting instructional material to our eLearning platform.
- 4 year degree in Education, Instruction Design, Curriculum Design, or similar
- Knowledge of a variety of eLearning systems
- Proficient with MSOffice applications
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of current research on instructional methods
- Able to perform complex training needs analysis
- Experience with, and an understanding of, felines and their peculiarities
- Experience with managine a variety of eLearning systems and LMS platforms
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience facilitating soft skills
Salary and Benefits
Our company will provide competitive benefits and a lucrative salary, negotiable depending on your qualifications and experience.
The position is designed to be mainly virtual with up to 30% travel. Travel to our home offices in Key West for a 2-week new-hire training is nonnegotiable.
If you have what it takes to be part of our growing company, email your resume and cover letter to our HR department.
Teachers are expected to do many things that Instructional Designers are not. Teachers are expected and required by law to monitor the health and welfare of the students while Instructional Designers are not. Teachers are expected to participate in many collateral duties such as school improvement committees while Instructional Designers are not required to participate in activities outside of their primary job description. I, as a teacher, have been expected to serve children lunch while Instructional Designers would not be expected to serve lunch.
Instructional Designers provide a service that is deeper than teachers are expected to provide. Instructional Designers develop instructional content in a format that can be used by another facilitator; Teachers develop instructional content primarily for personal use. Instructional Designers develop facilitator and participant guides that not only align with objectives, but may also include scripts, lecture notes, and coordinating activities while teachers do not develop materials to that depth.
What are the 3 main differences between Teachers and Instructional Designers?
- Instructional Designers design instruction to be used by someone else.
- Teachers design instruction to be used by themselves.
- Instructional Designers create instruction based on institutional and client needs.
- Teachers design instruction based on classroom and child specific needs.
- Instructional Designers create instruction to meet a specific goal or goals.
- Teachers create instruction to meet all of the educational requirements of their students’.
Reviewed Job Positions:
Genesis10 is seeking entry-level Instructional Designers to join our team in Cleveland Ohio!
New Genesis10 Instructional Design Consultants are enrolled in our G10 Associates Program (GAP), which offers training and experience that jump starts management consulting careers in a way that nobody else can. Our consultants work on high-profile, high-impact projects, so GAP hires receive lots of responsibility and maximum exposure to our premier Fortune 500 clients.
All program hires are provided with best-in-class training to ensure success not just as a consultant, but as a Genesis10 consultant (there’s a difference). Mentorship, on-going training, and peer reviews are built in to our two year program to provide the level of support and sense of community that Genesis10 is known for.
As a New Genesis10 Instructional Designer you will be responsible for the following: Designs and develops instructional material for customer training courses that support client learning, technology, and products. Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills. Can independently develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences. Able to utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Very strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience working within a project team
- Excellent organization
- MS Office applications
- Previous internship, volunteer or leadership experience
- Degree in Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional Design or similar
- Knowledge/experience with Captivate or similar tools
- Self-starting with a strong work ethic
- Excellent team attitude with strong interpersonal and group communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to work in corporate environment and develop consulting skills
- Interest in helping clients identify opportunities and improve service level
If you think you have what it takes to be the next great G10 Associate APPLY NOW!!
Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist – 628
| Location :
|| Washington, DC (Map it!)
| Other Pay :
| Employee Type :
| Industry :
|| Government – Civil Service
| Manages Others :
|| Not Specified
| Job Type :
| Education :
|| 4 Year Degree
| Experience :
|| At least 3 year(s)
| Post Date :
| Contact Information
| Contact :
|| Career Administrator
| Ref ID :
TrainingFolks is currently seeking an Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist to fulfill our client’s learning initiatives.
TrainingFolks is a global provider of custom learning solutions, consulting and contingent workforce services. Combining award winning adult learning experience, with a proven engagement methodology that includes a talented network of learning professionals, TrainingFolks collaborates with our clients to implement change. Founded in 1997, TrainingFolks’ mission is to build a higher performing workforce. We address our clients’ issues of urgency, capacity and capability.
Duties of the Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide back-end support and subject matter expertise for the LMS (SABA).
- Use Learning Management Systems to drive the delivery of training solutions.
- Design and develop instructional/educational content, including but not limited to, facilitator guides, participant guides, quick reference guides, and job aids
- Create informal learning opportunities by producing instructional videos to be used in mobile and online formats.
- Use training data to identify trends and improve training based on quantifiable data.
- Review projects throughout analysis, design, and development stages using style guidelines, writing standards, and sensible course/task flow.
- Conduct a performance analysis to identify training needs and/or skill gaps.
- Design, deliver and implement leadership development training activities.
- Experience in conducting web-based training and on-line learning to a variety of learners.
- Extensive experience coordinating and developing multiple projects at one time (i.e., project management skills).
- ON-SITE – Washington, DC
- 3 months
- Highly developed level of consulting skills (i.e., facilitation, mediation, negotiation, listening) that fosters collaborative efforts and buy-in for learning initiatives.
- Have mastery of complex adult learning theories, and how to apply them.
- Ability to review deliverables for completeness and consistency.
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities resulting in the creation of a custom approach to projects.
- Knowledge and appropriate application of standard resources to determine the best method to disseminate learning curriculum.
- The instructional design knowledge and the ability to convey complex design theories to stakeholders.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a group.
- Total of seven (7) years experience is required for this position. Three (3) must be specialized experience. The remainder may be specialized or general experience.
- Minimum/General Experience – Four (4) years training experience. Includes financial, administrative, and/or project responsibility.
- Specialized Experience – Three (3) years experience specializing in the Human Resources Employee Development function. Relates to management and oversight of benefits compensation analysis and human resources operations in support of business organization, including supervising personnel and interacting with agency contracting, technical and functional personnel at all organizational levels.
- Education – Master’s of Instructional design, adult education, adult learning theory, distance learning or five years hands on experience plus a Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited University or College is highly desirable.
- Three (3) years experience developing and designing web-based training course using authoring tools such as Lectora, Captivate, Camtasia, OnDemand Personal Navigator.
- Experience deploying Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) content or Learning Management Systems or equivalent.
- Any experience in the government or military sector is a valuable asset
- Self-starter required.
- Ability to work well independently and also with a team is a must.
Required Skills of the Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist include:
The ideal Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist shall possess;
Overall compensation for this role is positioned as ‘competitive’ and will vary depending on your level of experience, and number of years you have applied your skills.
If you are interested in this role please send a Cover Letter detailing your experience, resume (WORD format), 3 references, certifications and rate/salary expectations to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
In the subject line of your submission please mention – “#628: Instructional Designer / LMS Support Specialist “.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring opportunities with TrainingFolks, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ResumeSpider.com (from Simplyhired.com) http://tinyurl.com/8uw6abo
Jawood is seeking an Instructional Designer for a position in Ann Arbor, MI.
A strong e-learning background with experience in Captivate is required.
Automotive experience is preferred. Local Candidates preferred.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Complete courses for instructor-lead, blended learning, and eLearning.
- Follows ADDPIE Needs Analysis, Design, Development, Evaluation, Pilot, Implementation, Evaluation process to complete instructional design for engineering, business skills, leadership and/or compliance training courses within each curriculum.
- May lead entire curriculum design and associated ADDPIE activities for technical center e.g. Technician Development, Engineering Design, Engineering New Hire Training, Safety, Quality, etc
- Provides top notch customer service such as communicating clear project schedules, clarifying roles and responsibilities of the Instructional Designer and Subject Matter Expert, frequent status checks to ensure project is on schedule and/or customer knows the status at any given time, explains the value of each step of ADDPIE, follows T&OD processes consistently to make the customer comfortable that no matter who works with them in T&OD that they can expect the same high quality, etc.
- May facilitate training classes, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the T&OD Team in order to continuously kaizen processes, solve problems, add expertise and experience to team discussions, etc.
- BA/BS Instructional Design or related field required; MS degree preferred; Phd a plus
- 10-15 years in instructional design; automotive experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to utilize software: Photoshop, Elements, Captivate, Poser, Visio, MS Project, Powerpoint, Snag It, Filemaker Pro, Sharepoint, Dreamweaver. Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and show the value of ISD easily and quickly without conflict or misunderstandings. Ability to work smoothly with co-workers and act respectfully even during times of stress.
- Ability to work within a team environment and help co-workers, as needed. Flexibility to accept rotational assignments within the group to continuously develop the knowledge, skills and perspective of the team members both employee and contractor.
Jawood is experiencing explosive growth in the IT healthcare industry with immediate career opportunities supporting the nations largest health insurance plans. Our 20+ years experience in healthcare along with our team-centered culture attracts the top talent.
The best surround themselves with the best. Join the Jawood Team today – Apply NOW!
Did you know that Jawood offers a REFERRAL BONUS? See our OPEN HOT JOBS!
Learn more at http://www.jawood.com/
Benefits and Compensation Information:
All Jawood employees receive Short Term Disability, Limited Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and are eligible to participate in our 401K program after 6 months of employment. Additional benefits are also available.